COVID-19 Vaccine Information
COVID-19 Vaccine Update April 20, 2021
Beginning April 5, all Florida residents shall be eligible to receive any COVID-19 vaccine as prescribed by the Food and Drug Administration. The Pfizer vaccine is authorized for persons age 16 and up. The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are authorized for persons age 18 and up.
Vaccines are becoming more available every week from different sources and we will do our best to inform you of any additional changes in a timely manner. Please be sure to stay current by checking your District email and this webpage for updates.
We are excited to let you know that options for obtaining a vaccine for employees of the Martin County School District are increasing. Please read carefully as each option is a little different. As of today, April 20, we have the following options:
Most recent Changes:
- April 20: Kairwell- For Anybody age 16 and older (you do not need to be an MCSD employee)
- 350 Pfizer Vaccinations (first dose) will be available on Saturday, April 24 from 9am to 12pm at David L. Anderson Middle School (gymnasium) 7000 SE Atlantic Ridge Drive Stuart, FL 34997. Appointments will be required
- To register for an appointment CLICK HERE
- If you have medical insurance through MCSD, the ID# is Member Number on your insurance card
- The Group Number is 60314
- Questions about the vaccine can be directed to email@example.com
- The second dose vaccination will take place on Saturday, May 15
State allocations come from the Health Department. As always, our county health department is the best relevant local resource on these matters. Their vaccine website is below:
Vaccine Finder: CLICK HERE to find available vaccines closest to you. All you need is your zip code. Once your zip code is entered, the available “in stock” vaccine locations are in green. It will take a few clicks for confirmation and scheduling for available appointments.
Federal Distribution sites include Publix, Walmart, Walgreens, Winn Dixie, CVS and Sam’s Clubs. This is important to note as they will have additional vaccine allocation over and above the state allocation. We understand that vaccine availability varies by county, notably with regard to who administers the vaccine.
Some direct links to vaccine resources are provided below :
Walmart: Flu Shots & Immunizations
Sam’s Club: Sam's Club Pharmacy and, if not a member at Sam's club you can set up Guest Acct.
Winn Dixie: COVID-19 Vaccine
Cleveland Clinic: Florida COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
While you prepare to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit the CDC's Vaccine Preparation website here to learn more about the vaccine including frequently asked questions, what to expect after you receive your vaccine, and other helpful resources. Additionally, here is an article about helpful tips in keeping your COVID vaccine card safe.