Risk Management and Safety
The Risk Management and Safety Department administers the safety, property, and casualty insurance, as well as the risk management programs for the Martin County School District.
The Risk Management and Safety Department oversees the following areas:
- Employee and student safety, including accident investigations, student athletic insurance, indoor air quality, workers' compensation, and return to work programs
- Claims administration for workers' compensation and liability, as well as litigation management
- Playground inspections and State Required Educational Facilities (SREF) inspections
- Property and casualty insurance program procurement and administration
- Participates in the District's crisis planning, emergency response and operations, and FEMA reimbursement