Have you ever thought about joining AVID?
What does AVID stand for?
Advancement Via Individual Determination
What happens in the AVID Elective Class?
• ACQUIRE skills that will enable you to be successful in high school, college, the work-force and a global society.
• VISIT college campuses around Florida.
• HEAR guest speakers from various colleges and careers.
• SUPPORT from tutors who are actual college students will be available during class period twice per week.
• BECOME part of the AVID family!
What are the requirements to get into the AVID Electives?
• Good Classroom Conduct
• 2.0-3.5 Grade Point Average
• Limited Absences
• Dedication and Determination to Achieve Goals
• Increase in Honors, AP and/or AICE classes added you your schedule yearly.
What do I need to do to get into AVID?
• Complete the application in its entirety, ensuring to get all necessary signatures and short answer response.
• SUBMIT your completed application to your guidance counselor by March 8, 2021
• We will schedule an interview for the final step
Degrees and Certifications:
MCHS AVID Leader