Congratulations to the following students whose artwork was selected for the special edition of Words of the Week (WOTW). Their artwork was disseminated to all staff and students' computers during the the applicable weeks.
Shayne King, JBHS
Tracy Canada, Teacher
"Constitution Day" theme
September 14 to 18, 2020
Olivia Koehnlein, MCHS
Amanda Jones, Teacher
"Veterans Day" theme
November 9 to 12, 2020
Chelsea Monet, SFHS
Shelby Hart, Teacher
"Medal of Honor Day" theme
March 22 to 26, 2021
Art in the Capitol
Congratulations to Sofia Fowler (AMS, Molly Foy, teacher) who won the SY2020-2021 contest. Sofia presented her artwork to Representative Snyder, who displayed the artwork in the State Capitol during the legislative session. The artwork now hangs in the Martin County School Boardroom during SY2021-2022 school year.
Supervisor of Elections Art Contests
Congratulations to the SY2020-2021 high school winners of the "I Voted" sticker contest. First place - Kaila Woodberry (MCHS, Amanda Jones, teacher), Second place - Maria Fernanda-Flores (MCHS, Amanda Jones, teacher), Third place - Brianna Gaspanni (CALC, Alexandria Gribble, teacher).
Congratulations to the SY2020-2021 middle school winners of the Voting Poster contest. First place - Haylah Roberts (HOMS, Melissa Nelson, teacher), Second place - Alanah Hands (HOMS, Melissa Nelson, teacher), Third place - Lydia Soars (MMS, Stephanie Moreno, teacher).
Artist in Residence
Thanks to Tracy Canada (JBHSl) for sponsoring Suzanne Connors. Students honed their artistic skills as they learned to make either a Batik or Shibori mask.
Congressional Art Winner
Congratulations to Natalie Belisle (grade 10, MCHS)--and her teacher, Laura Dervin--for being selected by Congressman Mast as the SY2020-2021 winner. Natalie's artwork will hang in the U.S. Capitol this year.
Holocaust Reflection Contest
Congratulations Sophie Araque-Liu—and her teacher, Amanda Jones (MCHS)—who was awarded first place in the 6th Annual Holocaust Reflection Contest by Nova Southeastern University and the Holocaust Learning and Education Fund, Inc. Sophie received a $1,000 for her accomplishment entitled “Only Survivor”.
Kids Tag Art Project
Elementary school art teachers worked with grade 5 art students to create artwork for the “Kids Tag Art” program sponsored by the Martin County Tax Collector Office. The artwork is being made into fobs and tags that can be purchased, with all proceeds being returned to schools. Here are the SY2020-2021 winners. You can view their artwork--as well as all the other students' artwork--and order your fobs and tags at www.mckta.com.
- Award of Distinction - Mia Stiver, JBE
- "Life is better by the water" award - Dulce Mendez-Lopez, PSE
- "Catch of the day" award - Jackson Hayden, JBE
- "Behind the badge" award - Isabella Lopez, HSE
- Tax Collector's award - Maria Neiferd, JBE
- Principal's award - Nicolas Sobreraj, BCE
- Principal's award - Abigale Franklin, CGE
- Principal's award - German Gonzalez, CLE
- Principal's award - Adrianna Postorino, FAWE
- Principal's award - Abigayle Padgett, HSE
- Principal's award - Marcos Gonzalez-Tax, IMS
- Principal's award - Sofie Demboski, JDPE
- Principal's award - Journey Singleton, JBE
- Principal's award - Clara Bradley, PCE
- Principal's award - Maribel Tajiboy-Cux, PSE
- Principal's award - Selvin Caseres-Lopez, PWE
- Principal's award - Samantha Ridgway, SWE