- No person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or disability, be excluded from participation, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination/harassment under any education program or activity, or in any employment conditions or practices conducted by this School District, except as provided by law.
- The School Board shall comply with all state and federal laws, including the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) and the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act, which prohibit discrimination/harassment and are designed to protect the civil rights of applicants, employees, and/or students or other persons protected by applicable law.
- The School Board shall admit students to Martin County District Schools, programs, and classes without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
- For information on filing equity complaints of discrimination/harassment, please refer to School Board Grievance Procedure 3142.01 for employees and Procedure 5517.01 for students. Contact Person: Gail D. Williams, District Equity Officer.
- Section 504 and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) are laws which prohibit discrimination/harassment against any person with a disability by any program receiving federal financial assistance.
Vicky Jenkins, Director of Exceptional Student Education and Student Services.
District Equity Contact: TBD Director of Personnel
500 E. Ocean Boulevard, Building 20 Stuart, Florida 34994-2572
Phone: (772) 219-1200 Ext. 30240 or 30261
Fax: (772) 219-1230
District ADA / Section 504 Contact:
Vicky Jenkins Director of Exceptional Student Education and Student Services
500 E. Ocean Boulevard, Building 19 Stuart, Florida 34994-2572
Phone: (772) 219-1200 Ext. 30425
Fax: (772) 219-1228