The cafeteria is on a computerized system for accounting. Parents may deposit any amount of money in their child’s account to purchase food items. The deposits are made in the cafeteria. The student’s school identification number is used to access the lunch account. The student is able to see the remaining balance after each purchase. Lunch may not be charged. The school cafeteria is run on a non-profit basis. Because the school participates in the federal/state school lunch program, a complete lunch including dessert and milk is offered at reduced cost. Parents must apply for free/reduced lunch each year. An application is available at the cash register in the cafeteria.
Cafeteria Procedures and Student Conduct:
- When students are dismissed for lunch, they may use the restroom quickly or report directly to the cafeteria. They should use the restroom during their lunch period by asking an adult on duty, notifying the same adult upon their return.
- Students are to enter the cafeteria by the double door to auditorium and place their personal things on the chair/seat they would like to save. Or they may keep their personal things with them for safe-keeping.
- Students should proceed to one of the two cafeteria serving lines and should memorize their student ID# as soon as possible to purchase lunch with their student ID. That account number should not be shared with anyone else.
New technology has become available that increases the speed of the serving lines, allowing students more time to eat. The software identifies the student’s finger ridges and creates a mathematical representation to coordinate with the student’s ID number.
- Students should not loan or borrow lunch money from other students.
- Students may purchase snacks in addition to their lunch. Snacks should be purchased at the time lunch is bought, or students may eat and then purchase ice cream or a snack after by getting in the back of the line and purchasing the desired items. All food must be eaten while students are inside the cafeteria.
- Students are allowed to choose their tables in the beginning of the year. This seat becomes their assigned seat unless an administrator reassigns them.
- Students should remain in their seats until the end of the lunch period unless they raise their hands and request to purchase more food or to use the restroom.
- At the end of the lunch period, students are dismissed by table after they clear their trash.
- Food may not be taken out of the
- GUM AND/OR CANDY IS NOT ALLOWED ON CAMPUS. BOTTLED WATER, SPORT DRINKS OR SODAS SHOULD BE CONTAINED IN LUNCH BAGS. BOTTLES SHOULD NOT BE VISIBLE IN HALLWAYS OR CLASSROOMS. NO GLASS BOTTLES ON CAMPUS.
Violation of the cafeteria rules will result in parent notification and possible loss of your privilege to use the cafeteria.